Pages

Friday, October 16, 2020

Why all kids should go to a school camp

 School camp is about building whanaungatanga, learning new skills/experiences, building confidence and getting to know new places.


Why should all kids go to a school camp?


Why you should build whanaungatanga. Whanaungatanga is to make new friends or if you already have friends you can learn new things about your friends. Whanaungatanga is helping with things like games, sports and helping your team. I had a team when I was at camp and I made friendships. Knowing their culture and language and getting away from your parents and taking a break from internet/WiFi.  E.G I was in a school camp and I have made new friends and been on the internet for 5 day. For 5 days I found having no internet was ok.



Sea Kayak Paddle Kayak Fishing Paddling, PNG, 750x422px, Kayak, Alder Creek Kayak  Canoe, Boat, Bow, Canoe

 During camp you get to learn new skills like going on a lullaby. Going Kayaking, Paddle boarding, or learning, beach walk and rock climbing. For example,  I went to camp and I loved the lullaby, rock climbing and Kayaking. Kayaking is going in a boat and having paddles with you to help you move. Rock climbing is when you have a hook connected to you and then you climb and the lullaby is like a boat but longer and skinnier.



You can see some new places and it could be the view, camp is a new place too. E.G when I went to camp a new place was the camp, the view and the beach.

The camp was partially funded by parents and the rest was subsidised 70$pp.


No comments:

Post a Comment